Friday, April 23, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Well... here we go!

I have a passion for chocolate chip cookies! I probably have over 100 different recipes, in search of the
'best' chocolate chip cookie. However, I always return to my tried and true, soft and chewy, perfect chocolate chip cookie for me! They make me happy - I love getting the mixer out, anticipating the whirl of the blades as I cream the butter, add the flour and then finally the chocolate chips!

When my family is around it is a battle trying to keep the dough in the bowl and not being scooped up by a finger or a spoon. (Really, who doesn't love cookie dough)

I love frozen cookies, so the first batch goes right into a ziploc baggie (gallon size) and placed in the freezer. I happen to have a thing for ziploc baggies as well.

So, I thought it would be appropriate, for my first post, to share my all time favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. Whether you like them warm, right out of the oven, or frozen, allowed to thaw for just a minute before you submerge them in a cold glass of milk, I don't think they will disappoint you.

Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
Cream these ingredients, then add:
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
Mix together. Then in a separate bowl combine:
6 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. I keep my mixer going at a slow speed the whole time.
Now for the fun part!
Add: 1/2 pkg chocolate chips
1/2 pkg white chocolate chips
1/2 pkg butterscotch chips
This is the important part. Bake at 350 for exactly 10 minutes. Do not over bake!!

Heaven!

3 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to testify how deliciO-s-O this cookie dough is! And the cookies themselves aren't bad either. Warm and gooey though. Ya know, melty.
    Cool header pic.
    Gorgeous profile pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I've made these cookies TWICE in the last week. I guess they were made for others both times, but when the recipe makes about 7 dozen cookies, it's hard to not keep some for ourselves. And thank goodness you've introduced me to frozen cookies. Cookies in our house go straight from the oven to the freezer. Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! My first official chocolate chip cookie recipe. I'm excited to give them a try! By the way, did you start this blog so I wouldn't keep pestering you for recipes? :)

    ReplyDelete