Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Salads Part 2

I am lovin' that it is Friday! Really and truly I want to go on a road trip. I drove Zac to Payson yesterday for a basketball tournament.... the sun was shining, music blasting, and I just wanted to keep going! I'm just sayin...

Anyway - today's salad is a delicious pasta salad! I am all about things that taste yummy and fix quickly. This salad fits both!

Pasta Salad
Start with 1 -2 pkgs multi-colored Rotini Pasta
Take a gigantic saucepan and fill with water
Bring to a boil and add the pasta
Flavor the water with a pinch of salt and drizzle of olive oil
After the pasta is tender, drain and allow to cool
Place in a large bowl
Slice pepperoni and white cheese
You can use Mozzarella Provolone, I used Swiss cheese
Find your beloved bottle of 'Cheese Fantastico'
Pour about 1/2 the bottle on mixture and toss
Now get creative...
Add veggies or artichokes or olives
Whatever sounds good!

Mix the remaining dressing in the salad and top with
freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
Refrigerate for several hours
Add a little salt and pepper right before serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment