Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blueberries









I love blueberries! They are beautiful and enticing and plump and delicious. I love them plain, I love them on my favorite Kashi cereal in the morning, I love them in muffins, and in ice cream and I just made a blueberry crumb cake that just made me joyful.










Blueberry Crumb Cake
1/2 stick butter
1 Tbsp (additional) butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
2 cups fresh blueberries

For the topping:
3/4 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir and set aside
Cream 1/2 stick butter plus 1 tablespoon of butter with cinnamon and sugar. Add egg and mix well until combined. Add vanilla and mix
Add flour mixture and milk alternately until totally incorporated. Don't overbeat! You want your batter to be lumpy. Stir in blueberries, be gentle, until evenly distributed
Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour in batter
In a separate bowl, combine topping ingredients and cut together with a pastry cutter or a fork works fabulously as well!
Sprinkle over the top of the cake!
Bake cake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Sprinkle with sugar. Cut into squares and serve warm with ice cream or whip cream or a little milk. It is sooooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment